Friday 11 March 2011

Pink Polka Butterfly

OK so we have a second card for tonight, I'm trying to get all my Mothers Day commissions out of the way this weekend (or rather hesitating in making the 3 man cards I need to do for Monday...). I found Inspirational Card Sketches whilst blog hopping and really loved the simple geometric layout they had this week.  I have combined this with Cupcake Craft Challenges Pink Polka Dots as I was feeling a little girlie today.  And because it's all "Pink" it fits in with this week at Simply Create's Monocromatic theme. Here is the card....



I've used Pink Petticoat papers, this one is "Dottie" in Pink and Orchid (from the Fairy Lights Christmas Collection).  I've distressed the edges by ripping against a ruler just to give it a little dimension.  The Sentiment is printed from my PC ( I have taken a Pink Petticoat pink solid and put it into word and then put white lettering in front of it).  I punched a couple of holes and filled them with pearls from The Hobby House.  Finally I cut out a Marianne butterfly die from pearlescent paper from Anna Marie Designs picked up from the great offers they do at the shows.... he will be at Sincerely Yours in Leigh on Sunday as will I (working on The Craft Bug stand) if you want some.... 

I hope you like it

Jx

6 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet & soft card! Love the colors, the papers and that butterfly is stunning! Thanks for joining us at The Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs/sari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card! Beautiful butterfly! Thanks for playing CCC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, Jen! Great papers and layout and the butterfly is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card and one any mum would adore. Many thanks for joining us at ICS. Nicola xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for joining in at ICS, your card is wonderful!
    Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card and a gorgeous butterfly embellishment. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for visiting ... please leave a comment so I can come visit you back...

Jen xxx